I consider myself a bit of a mojito snob. I can’t stand it when I order one at a restaurant, and they use mojito mix to make it. What the heck is mojito mix? A good mojito is made with mint, lime, and sugar. Why on Earth would you need a pre-made mix for that? And don’t get me started on the ones made with vodka.
So, I cringe at calling the recipe I’m about to give you a mojito. Really, the only thing they have in common is the mint. That and the crisp, refreshing, citrusy burst of flavor that’s perfect for enjoying by the pool. It looks like a mojito, but the taste is completely original.
This drink is made with gin. Tanqueray is my favorite, but my hubby bought Gordon’s, so that’s what I used this time. Really, any gin will do. And rather than club soda or sparkling water, you’re going to need to get some alcoholic ginger beer. I use Crabbie’s. I’ve bought it at Spec’s and World Market, but depending on their selection, your local grocery store may carry it. I use pint glasses to mix it, so most of the beer will fit.
Gin and Ginger Mojito
- 1 1/2 ounces gin
- 1 bottle Crabbies alcohol ginger beer
- 1/2 lemon
- 8 mint leaves
- Muddle the mint and lemon in a pint glass
- Fill the glass with ice
- Add gin
- Add ginger beer
Carrie Pulkinen has always been fascinated with the paranormal. Of course, when you grow up next door to a cemetery, the dead (and the undead) are hard to ignore. Pair that with her passion for writing, and you’ve got the perfect recipe for an exciting storyteller. Carrie spent the first part of her professional life as a high school journalism and yearbook teacher. In her free time, Carrie likes to read, take pictures, and play with her kids. Her novel Reawakened will be released later this year.
Want join the Write. Blog. Connect team? To sign up FOR CONSIDERATION
, click HERE
Calling all bloggers! Calling all bloggers!
It’s official! Write. Blog. Connect. is jumping back into the blogging world and is calling for bloggers to join our team!
Currently, we want all types of bloggers with all types of blogs. WBC isn’t only for novel writers, but for any type of writer and style of writing. We are not only looking for fiction, non-fiction, and genre fiction writers, but want blogs written about parenting, step parenting, adoption, homeschooling, crafting, photography, natural and farm living, finance (business and personal), health and fitness, food and cooking, and pet blogs too!
Below are the guidelines, so please read before signing up! Thank you for being apart of what we hope is a wonderful and fun place for writers and readers!!!
To sign up FOR CONSIDERATION, click HERE.
Team Blogger Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in signing up to join our team and be a regular blogger for Write. Blog. Connect.
We are always looking for unique and relevant content that would be beneficial to our mission and inspiring to our writers and readers.
Bloggers will be responsible to post on their date every week or month depending on how many bloggers we have. A schedule will always be available.
Before signing up, please note the following guidelines:
- All bloggers will be vetted before allowed on the schedule. Once you are added to the schedule, you will be contacted through email and given your posting dates/days. Signing up does not guarantee you a spot. Owners reserve the right to chose the bloggers who will represent WBC in the quality manner in which we wish to provide for our readers.
- Posts will be reviewed for content by the Admins (Regina Walker and Angela Christina Archer) of Write. Blog. Connect. before publishing. Date of publication will be determined by the schedule established which will be emailed to the bloggers.
- Bloggers are responsible for making sure their posts are done and scheduled to post on time.
- If a blogger is unable to fulfill their scheduled time slot, they must notify the Admins (Regina Walker or Angela Christina Archer) as soon as possible. While not punishable, repeated missed posts will result in your removal from the schedule completely.
- While the ultimate goal for Write. Blog. Connect. is to get your name out there as a blogger and writer, posts that are overly spammy with “visit my site” or “check out my product” feel will be edited A simple link at the bottom of your post, along with a short bio and a headshot is enough.
- Posts must be high-quality, original content, not published anywhere else online (including personal blogs and websites).
- We encourage a variety of topics.
- We will not publish any adult/mature content. Our goal is to remain family friendly here at Write. Blog. Connect.
- Write. Blog. Connect. will promote your guest post on Twitter and Facebook.
- We encourage our authors to promote their posts their website, Twitter, and Facebook (along with any other social media sites you use) to direct traffic to your post. Since each contributor has a page, drawing people to our site is our main goal.
- Correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation is important to Write. Blog. Connect. Please make a concerted effort to edit your posts. Posts which require excessive editing will be sent back to the author for additional editing.
- Write. Blog. Connect. does not offer monetary compensation for guest posts at this time.
Thank you so much and we look forward to having you join our team!